The cemetery at Dyers Lane, Wolston is owned and managed by Wolston Parish Council, through the Wolston Brandon and Bretford Joint Burial Committee.
The Clerk to the Wolston, Brandon and Bretford Joint Burial Committee is: Mrs Juliet Carter, Church Farm House, Main Street, Brandon, Nr Coventry, CV8 3HW 02476 543977 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on costs, regulations regarding size of plot and use of kerbstones, and details on responsibility for headstone maintenance please contact the Clerk to the Joint Burial Committee.
History of the site:
12th January 1888
The Burial Board of the Parish of Wolston was authorised to purchase one acre of land for the provision of a new cemetery.
It was also approved and sanctioned that the Burial Board borrow the sum of £600 for the providing and laying out of the said burial ground and the sum of money borrowed to be repaid out of the future Poor Rates of this Parish.
21st February 1888
The Burial Board considered the proposed plan of the Mortuary Chapel and accepted it with the following alterations -
- instead of Bath Stone some other kind of stone with a harder natureshould be used;
- the window in the gable should be enlarged in proportion to the space available;
- a bell should be put in place over the entrance door; and
- the Chapel should be placed halfway up the Cemetery ground on the centre walk with the front towards the entrance gates.
28th April 1888
It was reported in The (Rugby) Advertiser that "a commencement has been made to provide a new cemetery, as required by the Home Secretary, and a piece of ground in Dyer's Lane, an acre in extent, acquired from Mr C W Wilcox, is being levelled for the purpose".
31st August 1888
It was proposed and seconded that the question of obtaining a bier should stand adjourned.
6th May 1889
It was decided that a tender for the supply of a wheeled bier should be invited. By 28th May 1889 an estimate for a four-wheeled bier had been accepted.
22nd March 1893
It was proposed and seconded that a reading desk and 18 benches be provided for the Chapel.
22nd March 1899
It was proposed and seconded that the iron fences at the Cemetery be painted and the Chapel be match-boarded above the seats.